Friday, September 4, 2009

Satine October Dane Concert à Emporter


Satine October Dane Concert à Emporter
Uploaded by lablogotheque. - See the latest featured music videos.

One of my fellow students brought a site named La Blogotheque to my attention. Its made by a frenchman named Vincent Moon and features video of musicians performing in all sorts of unusual locations. The resulting footage has a live energy that is uplifting and charming. I like hearing groups I would not normally be exposed to. This clip is one of my favourites because I like the rooftop view and Satine's voice is mesmerising.

I really like this site and I probably wouldn't have found it myself. I like the way blogging can act as a tour group of the internet. Multiple users can share their experience about a topic and maybe help to eliminate time spent researching it. The great advantage of participating in the Cultureblog is that "social and aesthetic domains can overlap". (Haney 39) This can be very helpful particularly in the study of popular culture through an increased sharing of knowledge and ideas.


Reference: Haney, William. S. II. "Beckett out of his mind: The theatre of the absurd". Studies in the Literary Imagination. Vol 34, Issue 2, 2001. p 39(16)


1 comment:

  1. Sharon, I found a number of topics displayed on your blogspot very interesting. First of all I am rather fascinated with the whole Walpurgisnacht/ Frejya theme...a few years ago SBS broadcasted a really intense version of Faust in German and I became totally hooked on it at the time- I really identified with the meglomaniac alchemist with delusions of grandeur- ready to sell his soul to get it all. You may also be familiar with the legend of Robert Johnson the black bluesman who made his deal with the Devil (masquerading as a white record company executive) at The Crossroads which echoes this theme in a more folksy down home way. I also identify with Freyja the Norse love goddess and her brother Frey who are are reminiscent of Diana and Apollo, Moon Goddess and Sun God respectively. Freyja's fetch spirits were cats and she would sometimes appear in feline guise. Female devotees of Freyja in pagan times would "sweep" out evil with brooms and use their cats as familiars which lead to them be branded as witches by the Christians. Repulsion was a film I saw way back when and like you I am also a fan of Roman Polanski. Interesting to see the new vampire TV series True Blood referred to, I haven't actually seen it although like many of us I have a morbid fascination with bloodsucking freaks. By the way have you seen Roman Polanski's film The Fearless Vampire Killers, his attempt at dark comedy? Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading my comments, thanks for putting up your highly diverting blogspot. David M.

    ReplyDelete