Saturday, January 2, 2010

Smiley face - trailer Video by SMILEY FACE - MySpace Video



Smiley face - trailer Video by SMILEY FACE - MySpace Video

This is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. Anna Faris is great as the leading character. Her strength comes from the fact that she isn't playing a role in a romantic comedy. She behaves very gender neutral and seems to be very independent. Director Gregg Araki's first film The Living End was banned in the United States because it had a gay sex scene. All of his movies contain edgy counterculture themes and characters. This movie transported me back to my twenties with its comedic portrayal of the confusion and uncertainty of youth.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon - thank you for the encouraging comments while visiting my blog...the YouTube video brought back memories of Summer at the farm - Im sure you would enjoy the farm as well - if only - you were a bit closer...thank you for sharing. I too, find inspiration everywhere.

    I Love Anna Faris, she is a very talented actress and comedienne. I haven't seen this one, so it is now on my list to see, thank you.

    I think it is Summer in Australia this time of year and it is dead of Winter here with lots of snow and temperatures in the single digits.

    A great time of year to do inside projects - and read a good book. Have you read anything lately that you would recommend?

    In response to "stupid things people say", I think people don't always understand the power of words and the damage they can do to others. I myself, have to practice "mindful speech". It's a challenge to think before I speak - Will the words I am about to say be helpful and cause no harm? I am really terrible at this, by the way, but I try. I'm not sure this makes you feel any better regarding the hurtful things people say....but, I thought I would try - we can only control how we react to the thoughtless wonders of the world...

    You responded to these hurtful words by leaving a really nice comment on my blog - who could have done better?

    I am taking my first official silversmithing class with Genivieve Flynn - and I am really psyched about working with her today. I am a self taught in metals - there are so many designs in my sketchbook that need to become real - this class will make this a reality for me - as you can tell I am enthused...

    Enjoy the day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete